It's all about soaping and anything that suits my fancy!

Saturday, July 16, 2011

On a Mission!

OK, I'm on a mission to make A LOT of soap between now and the time school starts (25 days for me :( -summer has gone by way to fast!).  So after playing in the first day of the Lad and Lassie golf tournament today (we shot a  +1) I came home and made my first batch of soap in my new 18 bar wood mold.  It is scented with "rain barrel" and "energy".  The husband likes it, so I guess it's not tooo girley!  I swirled it with "sea mist", "sky at dusk" and white.   I love it! Can't wait until tomorrow to cut it!
On a different note, today would have been my dad's birthday!  He would have been 75 today.  I miss you Dad.
We have had the granddaughter (Mollie) from July 6-13!  What a great time we had!  I've never followed a tricyclist for so many miles before!  Of course she's only 2 and about an inch to short to actually reach the pedals, but can she ever do the "Flintstone" run to make that tricycle go! I'll teach her to make soap someday! Our house is VERY quiet now and we miss it, but I guess she needed to see her mom and dad sometime!

No comments:

Post a Comment